Monday, March 21, 2011

Ahhh, Poop!

This post is dedicated to poop! If you are not a tolerable fan of poop you might move on.

There seems to be more bodily excrement in my life today than normal. First I wake up this morning to Ryder saying, "Why do I have a diaper on? We talked about this! I am 4 years old. No more of these. I am going to be so mad to you". Well, I put one on him after he pee'd on me in his sleep. Actually I do sneak one on him every night because he just sleeps so hard he can't control it. Then this morning Charlotte threw a brown baseball over the gate on the stairs at me while hollering, "Thtinky". I noticed then that she had taken her diaper off and already laid a nice little pile of doo on top of it. By the time I reached her I quickly realized she had it EVERYWHERE. I had to give her a quick bath and then clean it all up. Ryder was totally horrified which actually made it bearable. His reaction was quite hysterical. Next, I walk into the living room to find the dog had just pee'd. I scolded him and put him outside and had to clean that up. Luckily I got a two hour break while I taught art at the preschool. It was a good day in preschool land. I think most days are good days when leaving because inevitably one of them says or does something that catches me off guard. I love the things they come up with. Today one of the little girls kept flashing her "debit card". She wouldn't leave it alone. It turns out it was a gift card to Victoria's Secret. Ha! So funny, especially the particular individual that had it. All the kids were impressed at her possession of the treasured debit card. I picked up lunch on the way home. Matt and I were eating at our dining room table when Charlotte stood up in her high chair and announced, "B" and proceeded to pee all over herself. I cleaned that up, gave her a diaper and continued on with lunch. A few minutes later she climbed up on the table so she could reach the "dip". She LOVES salsa so we can keep her occupied for longer than normal with dip. She has this habit of losing her diaper in a matter of nano seconds. She is certainly ready for potty training but at this point it's not clicking and is just hazardous. It is common to hear someone in our house (several times a day) to say, "Charlotte! Where is your diaper?" While eating salsa she somehow lost the diaper, stood up and pee'd right on Matt's lunch. I was just stunned but he howled hysterically. That should encourage her not to do it again in the future. I put ANOTHER diaper on her and took her upstairs for a nap. As soon as I got to the stairs I realized the brown ball this morning was not the only one. She had throw a ton more up the stairs. Someone had stepped in it and spread it along. Hmmmm...Hello! Isn't poop kind of hard to miss? I scrubbed it all up and really hope that was the last of it. A few weeks ago she walked in while I was on the phone and said something while laying a steamy log on my leg. She was so, so proud. I hung up and took her with me to flush it. We made a big party of it. She is aware she needs to go and knows when it is happening. We just need it all to occur in a different manner. With her being our fourth it honestly barely phases me. To a non-parent or someone that hasn't experienced the adventure of potty training this all must be horrifying. I know it's a phase and I know I will think it's extra funny later. Abbi pee'd in my ear while I was laying down when she was the same age. Izze pooped in my mouth when she was 10 days old (that was such a good one I included it in our Christmas newsletter) and Ryder stood up while eating dinner and pee'd right on his own dinner because he didn't want to eat it when he was just 3 years old. So, It's noon and I have been awake for 5 hours with about 10 hours left awake. I hope the remaining 2/3 of the day are free from #1, #2 and Lord willing #5 free!

**Abbi used to say she had to go #5 when she was feeling...sick.

8:57pm: EDIT
Believe it or not I have to add more! I put Charlotte to bed around 7:30. She fussed on and off for a half hour. When I went in I had left her light on! Argh! So much for sleeping when your mom leaves your light on. Anyway, I quickly noticed something on the floor. I asked her what it was and she answered, "poop". Awesome. She was naked. Her jammies on the floor, the diaper on the floor and two turds on the floor. I cleaned her up, dressed her again, washed her hands, laid her back down, and removed the poop. Good night Charlotte. Seriously, good night!

EDIT #2:
The very next day she pooped on Abbi's floor and then lined it up on her bed! Ha ha! Abbi was NOT happy about it! I find it hysterical!