Monday, September 6, 2010

Karma

The idea of Karma is that all deeds are viewed as actively shaping past, present, and future experiences. I don't really believe in Karma. However, the cycle of cause and effect seemed to be actively present in my day. I felt like I didn't like I slept a wink despite being exhausted from spending the previous day at the fair. Labor Day is supposed to be one of those "relaxing" days where everyone just hangs out, sleeps in, eats fun food and doing useless things for longer than necessary. Somehow though, those plans never seem to translate out right. Abbi wanted to get to a sale that started at 7:00 so I knew sleeping in wasn't going to happen. However, after a night of muscial beds I was awakened at 6:00am by a sound I know all too well. It was a super loud, super gooey, super powerful sneeze. One of those that my first response is, "OH NO!" I rolled over and peeled my eyes open to see Ryder standing next to me with walrus boogers! Arghhh! No!!! Before I could intervene he had reached down and wiped his face on our comforter! I drug myself out of bed and headed downstairs with him. What did he want to do at 6:00am? Watch the IRON MAN DVD I had rented! In two days we have watched this movie about 200 times. I enjoyed it the first 2 times but the next 198 took me to the brink. For some reason it really struck him and he adores it! I made coffee and tried to wake up a bit. With coffee in hand Abbi and I headed to the sale at 7:00am. While there Aunt Flo decided to pay me a visit. How convenient! We ended up at the store for 3 hours! It was a great sale. Therefore, the nuts were out in full force. People were clogging the aisles, pushing baskets out of their way and just acting stupid. There was a giant line to use the dressing rooms. One lady had even resorted to squeezing herself into various things while still wearing her clothes and spinning over and over in front of a warper mirror in a corner. I found that wildly entertaining! Abbi tried on about 100 things because nothing seems to ever fit her! Welcome to my world baby, sorry. She was lucky enough to really hit the mother load of deals! The cashier we got had broken her thumb the day before and had a bandage the size of a roll of paper towels. She was really struggling to accomplish anything. She messed up my payment which required several other workers to intervene to get it corrected. I had only had coffee before leaving so I was really starving and ready to get out of there. On the way home I remembered I needed to buy a birthday present for my great neice. We raced to buy a present from a store that had huge lines at the check out. There was some sort of conflict that landed us at their store also far longer than necessary. Afterwards I raced it to my sisters house to drop it off. When I finally got home around 11:00 I walked in to find tiny little Tootsie Doodies. Apparently no one had let the dog out while I was gone! By this point I had my fill of the super fun relaxing events the Labor Day Holiday was delivering. I stomped off to the bathroom and slammed the door. Now, let me preface this next account with some family history. I have no idea how or why but every toilet seat we have in every house breaks. All of them! Even the ones in the bathrooms only small people use. My hypothesis is that "someone" is standing on them in the unsupported areas. Why? I have no idea but it has happened in the last 4 houses! Either way it seems that we procrastinate in replacing them... far longer than necessary! I plopped myself down totally annoyed that I had to clean up poop and boogers all before lunch. Wouldn't you know it, that lovely broken toilet seat jumped up and grabbed a handful of my super white stretch marked covered upper thigh and pinched the fire out if it! I was yelping, screaming and hollering all at the same time! That just about pushed me right over the edge when I heard Matt yell out, "Nice! It got me yesterday!" Ha! I sat there and just laughed! After getting over myself and my bummer attitude I admired my eyebrow that does seem to be growing back some and laughed some more. I exited the bathroom with a new outlook and attitude! Apparently I had needed a reset. I had allowed several insignificant events to spiral me in the Whineville. No matter what is "planned" there are some days that just go well and some that will just bite you on the ass!