Thursday, August 26, 2010

Player #11 please step forward!

The last few days have been a whirlwind! This was the first week of school. Due to weather and construction delays everyone started at different times. In the midst Abbi was finishing up high school volleyball tryouts. That experience proved to be one of the most emotional of my mothering. Multitudes of girls wanted it so badly and were all giving their very best. I watched only for a few minutes, literally 2-3, before crying! The drive, stamina and drive was astounding! I knew she had put her very best forward but nonetheless was nervous and afraid for her. I have been on the other side of "not making it" and wouldn't wish that on anyone. In the end she did make the team and it's been very exciting to hear all that will be involved. Mostly I am just glad that part is over. I literally was having nightmares and stomach cramps. I am so incredibly moved by the person my little girl proved to be in the process. It gives me a lump in my throat. There is nothing more in my life that moves me than seeing someone reach their potential!